Head Start enrollment FAQs

How can I enroll for the 2015-16 school year?

Little Giants Preschool's Head Start program accepts applications for the waiting list for the current school year. Please call 651-2080 for more information or to make an application appointment.

How can I enroll for the 2016-17 school year?

Click here for information about the application schedule, coming up in April.

Who qualifies for Head Start? 

  • Age eligibility: To qualify for the program, children must be 3 or 4 years old on or before August 1.
  • Income eligibility: The Head Start program is designed to serve low-income families living in Grant County. If you are not income-eligible for Head Start and you live in the Marion Community Schools district, you may be eligible for our other programs, which are funded differently. Little Giants staff will work with you to find the best fit for you and your student. 
  • Residency requirements: The Head Start program serves all of Grant County.

Is there a cost to enroll?

Head Start is a federally funded three-hour preschool program and is offered at no cost to families. 

Where is Little Giants Preschool?

Currently, all Little Giants Head Start classes are located at Tucker Career and Technology Center. In the 2016-17 school year, there will be Little Giants Preschool classes in all of the Marion Community Schools elementary buildings, along with the preschool wing at Justice Intermediate School. Specific placements will be determined after the enrollment application process.

Documentation required for enrollment application:

You should bring the documentation listed below that applies to your situation.

  • Verification of income (such as 2015 1040 tax form, W-2 form, check stubs, child support receipts, social security payment information, unemployment verification, TANF case worker statement, etc. - please bring in 12 months of income verification.)
  • Proof of residency (such as a recent utility bill)
  • Child’s birth certificate
  • Child’s immunization records
  • Child’s Medicaid card or private insurance card
  • Child’s Social Security card or number